Saturday, October 9, 2010

a slow fade...

I woke up this morning trying to figure out what to do with my day.  It seemed like there was so much going on and the day could have played out in a million different ways.  I was planning on taking Brooks to a fall festival, my brother and his two kids were coming over this morning, I had plans to meet up with two friends later in the afternoon, my mom was babysitting for my other brother so depending on what time we got back Brooks would either come with me to see my friends or go with my mom so he could play with his cousins, he is spending the night with my sister tonight so somehow among all of this I had to find a good time to drop him off with her, and then Mariana told me she had an extra ticket to the Tech game at the Cotton Bowl so of course I wanted to add that to our plans today as well.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out how I can make all of it work, when I realized that I can't, so I then had to eliminate possibilities that complicated the plan.  While trying to plan all of this out my thoughts stopped abruptly and all I could think was, "When did I get my life back?"  I didn't even see it coming - it's been a slow fade back - a really slow, slow fade back, but it's back.  The crazy, chaotic, busy life that is busy with fun things is back.  Today I wasn't busy with phone calls, insurance claims, lab work and chest x-ray results; today I was busy living my life.  And I liked it. 

3 comments:

Hill Country Happenings said...

You deserve to have too many wonderful plans on a beautiful Fall Saturday! This made my heart happy!

Kimberly said...

This gave me goosebumps

megan said...

Glad I was part of your 'life'.