Sunday, August 14, 2011

happy birthday to you...


Today would've been Keith's 33rd birthday.  Happy birthday, Keithy.  I miss him everyday but today was harder than most.  I took Brooks out to celebrate and we had a really good time.  We went to the Melting Pot, somewhere Keith and I had been, and had a really fun time together.  As we were driving away Brooks saw one of his favorite things, the moon.  He said, "The moon!!!"  I said, "You know who is up with the moon?  Daddy!!!"  We then turned and and he said, "Can't see moon!"  I looked and said, "The moon is behind us - but the moon sees us."  It was at this point that I realized the metaphor.  I continued to say, "The moon is watching us to make sure we're okay."  And that's how it is.  Keith is in the heavens....but he's watching.  And he's happy.   Happy birthday, Keithy.  I've been wondering how they do bdays in heaven.  Can't wait to see you and celebrate together.  Love you tons.  xoxox

No comments: