Wednesday, September 8, 2010

a much needed break...

The other day I was at my friend's house; she had people over and we were all just hanging out. A friend of hers started showing Brooks some attention and Brooks gravitated toward him. The friend went out of his way to lure Brooks into the other room to play and consequently give me a break. He kept his eyes on Brooks and allowed me to simply sit in the kitchen to talk with my friends. When dinner was ready I went to get Brooks and he said, "No, go eat. I'll watch him, you sit down and eat." Had I allowed myself I probably could have sat there and cried. It was so nice - so simple and yet so incredibly nice. Thank you, friend of my friend, I appreciated it more than you know. You truly never know when a small act will totally make someone's day.

No comments: